Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Birthday Shenanigans: Split Decision Part 3

“So where exactly are you going again?” Eric asks me as he walks beside me in the parking garage to my car. 

I’m heading out on another super important mission today for Lily’s birthday. I know I pissed her off earlier and I need to leave her alone now. I still want to get her something small for her birthday though. Which is a problem within itself. How will I find the perfect SMALL present? I only do big! I have my work cut out for me, that’s for sure. 

“I’m only going to the north central mall” I tell him as I make it to my car. 

“Only? As if that’s a tiny store or something. You’ll probably be gone for hours” Eric says with a laugh. I roll my eyes. 

“Hey, I could very well be there for only an hour or two. If I find Lily’s gift fast, then I’ll be done quick. But if I don’t, well… you know” I say with a grin and a shrug. If I don’t find anything, I’ll spend the night in the mall if I have to. Although I’m not sure that would fly with Eric. He’d probably bring in the entire search team to find me. Yeah, that would not be a pleasant scenario for my butt. 

“I do know. Hopefully, you’ll find Lily something in a reasonable amount of time. At least so you’ll stop stressing and get off Lily's back about it” he says, kissing the top of my head and opening my door for me. I definitely agree with that. I always stress over presents for people I care about. Don’t even get me started on shopping for Eric. It’s not pretty. I give him a quick kiss on the lips before getting into my car. 

“Be safe and behave please” Eric reminds me like he always does. When am I ever not? Never mind, don’t answer that. 

“I will. I don’t get into trouble on purpose” I remind him. Does he think I choose to find myself ways to get my butt spanked? I mean, come on Eric 

“I know. Trouble just seems to find you where you go. Right, baby?” Eric asks. Exactly! I guess trouble is attracted to my amazing sense of fashion. But who isn’t?

“Right” I answer with my usual grin. Eric kisses my lips before saying

“I love you. Try not to be out all day, okay?”

“No promises” I told him. 

I’m on a shopping mission after all. I can’t return home until it’s completed. 


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Once I make it to the mall, I head to Eternity II. It’s a store that has a huge assortment of clothes, purses, and jewelry. I could get lost in this store for hours. That’s probably why it’s Eric’s least favorite store to visit for obvious reasons. A boyfriend’s worst nightmare. Okay, so I want to get Lily something really special for her twenty first birthday but what should I get? Damn am I tired of asking myself that. Anyways, wish me luck! 

I start to browse the many, many racks filled with clothes. Should I get Lily a new outfit with shoes? Or maybe some new jewelry? Or maybe I should go outside of the usual and get her journal since she enjoys writing and photography ? Ugh! What to choose? Maybe I should keep looking through different stores before I purchase anything? I hate when I got to another store and find something better. Then I have to return what I first bought which is a huge hassle. No thanks. So I exit the store and head to another one that I know Lily loves to shop at. 

It only takes me four hours, six stores, and agonizing over what to get my BFF to finally pick out the perfect small gift. Honestly, four hours wasn’t too bad. Eric said it would be six. In his face. Ha! I decided to get Lily a really pretty necklace with an opal stone. I’m pretty sure she has an opal stones ring that belonged to her grandma that she loves. Hopefully this will remind her of her grandma. I also got her a mini journal with a really pretty pen. I couldn’t resist getting one thing so I got three small things. Since the items are so small, I stuff them carefully into my purse. That’s why I LOVE oversized bags. I can stuff everything in here. My cell phone, wallet, makeup, hair brush, more makeup, snacks, and my umbrella. Not to mention how many receipts I have in here. So Lily’s gifts have plenty of room in here. I start to make my way outside the mall doors. I probably should let Eric know that I’m heading back now. 

“Hey Eric” I greeted over the phone. 

“Hey baby. Sill out shopping?” Eric asks me as I hear the sounds of cheering in the background. He must be playing video games. It’s that 3K game or something like that. Boys and their games. 

“No! I’m finished.” I say with triumph. 

“Finally! I was just about to call you to see where the hell you were at” he says. So dramatic!

“I’ve only been gone for like four hours. That’s short for me. I could shop for like two or three more hours if you want me to? Or will you miss me too much?” I ask with a giggle. 

“Hmm… two to three more hours of peace and quiet? Sounds good to me” Eric answers. I can just see his grin right now. Okay so I can be a bit of a chatty Kathy at times. Or the majority of the time. 

“Don’t front. You totally miss me” I tell him as I walk in the parking lot towards my car. 

“You’re right. I do miss you angel. So hurry back” he says with a laugh. I’m going as fast as my feet can take me. 

“I am! I’m almost to my car now” I say as I see my black vehicle in my sight. 

However, I never quite make it to my car because I am suddenly ambushed by a guy running up to me and tries to snatch my purse off of my shoulder. 

“What the heck!” I exclaimed as this imposter tugs on my bag. Well, try to anyway. I quickly grab a hold of it and pull it away from him. We then start a wild game of tug a war. 

“Cori, what’s happening?” Eric asks worriedly. I’m trying to save my purse. 

“Some idiot is trying to steal my bad. Let go, you jerk!” I shout and try to kick him away. 

“No Cori. You let go! Just let him go” Eric practically shouts to me over the phone. I barely heard him as I’m fighting with this thief. And let my gift for Lil to be lost forever? Not if I could help it. The older man manages to free the purse from my arm and tries to get away. He wasn’t very successful because I jumped onto his back to slow him down. My life could be a movie, I swear. 

“Give me back my purse, you asshole” I yell. I start punching down on his shoulder. I’m not exactly sure where he is headed, but I guess I’ll be going with him. 

“Get off me bitch” the guy yells at me and tries to shrug me off of him. Oh no he didn’t!

“No! Give me back my purse first” I say still on his back. The thief manages to shrug me off his back which I stumble hard onto the ground. 

“Hey! Come back” I yell, helplessly on the ground. Lily’s presents, plus my purse, is getting away! Ugh! My ugh is short lived though because I see another guy the purse snatcher to the ground. My hero! I try to stand up but I quickly fall back down when I realize my foot hurts to walk. The good news is that the perp didn’t get away. The bad news is I think I might’ve broken something. At least Lily’s presents are safe and sound. Suddenly my butt doesn’t seem to have the same feeling; especially when Eric hears about this. 

5 comments:

  1. Decided to drag the parts out a bit. The final part will be out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...I'm so glad you're back. I missed these stories so much, I checked your blog regularly for updates. This one is as always, amazing. I can't wait to read the final part.

    ReplyDelete