Sunday, March 23, 2014

Cheesy Chihuahua – Mini Story Part 2


"Okay guys, there's still fifteen minutes left of class. Stay with me please" Ms. Harding, my History teacher, shouts over us to be heard. Ugh. These fifteen minutes are going to go by so slowly too. Especially since it's the class before lunch. I didn't even eat breakfast since I was too busy copying my bio and Spanish homework in the library. There is like a group of us just sharing answers. It's like a study shesh but not really. Shhhh, don't tell Shane. It's our secret.
"Since it's almost the end of the month, an extra credit opportunity is available. If you want to participate, you are more than welcome. I want a one-page paper about the importance of synonyms and antonyms. Provide different examples of words and their meanings. I want the paper on my desk by the end of the week. Remember, no late work is accepted. There is ten minutes left of class. Pack up and talk QUIETLY please" Ms. Harding tells us. I roll my eyes. Quietly? Yeah sure. I close my notebook and jam it into my purple backpack.
"Hmph. Did you see the note that Greyson threw me during class?" Amber huffs sitting down on the floor next to my desk. We used to sit by each other but we got separated. Something about talking too much in class. Whatever. Ugh.
"Nope. What'd it say? Let me guess, bow down to me?" I ask.
"Ha, no!!! A picture of a stick figure girl that had loser above it and then a stick figure guy with a crown and winner above him. Grrrr. He pisses me off so much. I'll show those pricks a thing or two about whose boss" Amber grumbles while picking up her cell phone. I roll my eyes. He's a jerk but I'm not sure why he bothers her so much. I guess Greyson's just one of those people for her. Trust me, I have too many of those kinds of people on my bad list. The cafeteria lady on Wednesday mornings who gives everyone the evil eye, my step family (obviously), my dentist who always pokes my gums and makes then bleed, the-
"I got it! I know exactly what I'm going to do for my extra credit. Look at the different synonyms for the word high horse" Amber says shoving her phone in my face.
"Geeze, I wonder how you thought up such a word?" I say in fake amazement I grab her phone and look at the screen. I saw the words arrogant, asshole, conceded, egotistical, cheesy Chihuahua. What the heck?? I click on the last word to see what it means. According to urban dictionary, cheesy Chihuahua is a loud, obnoxious person. Well that fits Greyson and his posse. I guess I learned something new today. I can't wait to test Morgan about this word. She thinks she is a spelling bee champion or something.
"Let me tell you girlfriend, it wasn't intentional. Just kidding, it was. I actually looking for ways to get people off there high horse when I saw the online dictionary" Amber says laughing slightly. I hand her the phone back before Ms. Grumpy pants Harding sees it and gives us another detention. So what I don't need; especially a sore ass for being late to practice.

"So where you successful in finding 'ways'?" I ask as the bells rings. Finally!! I need something yummy in my tummy. Um, why did I just say that? Never again, Bailey.
"Oh yeah! You and the girls are soooo going to help me with it too" Amber says with a smirk. I wonder what she has planned???"So what exactly do you have planned?" Morgan asks Amber as we are changing for practice.
"Okay so if you haven't noticed, but Greyson and his dumb soccer buddies totally think they are the bomb. So I want to knock them off their high horse asses!" Amber says slamming her fist into her palm in devotion.
"How are you going to do that?" Cassie asks next. Seriously, I want that answer too. Amber wouldn't tell me while we were getting lunch and I couldn't continue to ask when we sat down for other reasons. Cough cough Shane and his friends cough. Soooo I'm more than ready to hear what she has to say. Patience isn't a strong point of mine.
"I was thinking that we have to do something that will come at a huge surprise. So how about this: we pelt them with a ton of water balloons. They won't even know what's coming" Amber says with a smirk while thinking about her plan. The locker room is silent before I burst out laughing. Cassie and a few other girls soon join me. That's her big plan?? Amber frowns.
"What's so funny?" She asks with a scowl.
"I'm sorry. I'm not trying to be mean but I was expecting something a little more...." I trail of trying to find the right word. Dangerous? Maybe. Fun? Nah. Badass? Hmmm.
"Worth it. Considering that whoever does go along with this "plan" of yours might end up ticking off certain people" Morgan says looking at me. I glare and stick my tongue out at her; in which she returns at me. Yeah, we're real mature sometimes.
"I was going for the words awesome and creative. But thanks for your input Morgan" I say the last part sarcastically. She just grins.
"I agree with those two. If it's going to happen, it better be a lot better and worth it. I ain't getting my butt spanked for nothing" Cassie says putting her thick black hair into a bun. Amber scoffs.
"Do you guys have any better ideas?" Ambers asks us. You just asked the wrong person, honey. There is no soccer angels holding me back.
"Actually I do. I definitely like the part of having something put on them as they are least expecting it. But it needs to be a little more secretive" I tell them.
"And something other than water" Cassie adds grinning. I nod my head in agreement.
"Also, it needs be done by something that they least expect" Morgan adds. I look at her in surprise. She usually doesn't participate in these kinds of shenanigans.
"You’re going to do it?" I ask her. She shrugs.
"I can't stand Greyson's bloating. He thinks he is all that because he is a freshman playing in varsity. Big whoop" she replies. I can't believe the other girls are getting this worked up about this. I say flip them the bird and move on. BUT.... I can't let a good mean plan pass by me. Heehee. It's like a can't resist.
"I agree which is the perfect reason to do this. This is going to be sweet" Amber says excitedly.
"I don't think you guys should be doing this. It's mean" Lola comments from the corner. Sigh. There is always that one person.
"Lola, that's the point" I say while rolling my eyes. Where not doing this to gain brownie points, dumbo.
"Come on Lola, live a little. Its a harmless joke" Nelly says. Lola doesn't seem so sure. She bites her lip and looks away. Well, it's her loss if she doesn't want to do it with us. We couldn't continue with planning because Becca and Tiffany walked in.
"Girls, let's go!! Coach is ready and waiting for us in the field" Becca tells while clapping her hands. We all stand up from our lounging positions and head for the door. I guess we'll have to talk details later.

2 comments:

  1. Please update!! I love your Shane and Bailey stories. Your work is amazing:)

    ReplyDelete