Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Before Happily Ever After Finale

“I-I really l-like your dress” Devon says pointing to a picture of me in my wedding dress. I was looking out of a huge window with the city buildings in the background. So you can see the back of my dress and veil. It's a gorgeous black and white picture of me. But then again, I might be a tad biased. Heehee.
“Thank you!” I say with a smile, remember the day as if it was yesterday. Even though our wedding was two months ago, it is still fresh in my mind. Maybe that is due to the photo album  and looking at all of our pictures that were taken. And there are still a lot of pictures that I didn't add. Devon continues to shift through the scrapbook. When a photo of me and Eric caught my eye. It was a moment we shared at the end of cocktail hour right before our entrance for the reception………

“Did I tell you that I think you look beautiful?” Eric tells me while gently kissing my temple. My smile gets bigger if that's even possible. I honestly haven't stopped smiling since I walked down the aisle toward Eric. I wouldn't be surprised if my face hurts tomorrow. Worth it!
“About a dozen times already, but I’m not complaining thought” I say kissing his cheek. Well I finally got hitched.
“Well, it's true! You look like an angel” he says. Duh, just look at me.
“Don't I always look like an angel, Eric?” I ask, teasingly.
“Well, not always. Sometimes yours halo’s a little crooked.” Eric says with a grin. A little? More like a lot. If it wasn't for my horns, my halo would fall off my head completely. Heehee.
“I can't believe we're actually married now” I say happily.  
“I know. After all these years, who would’ve thought we’d end up like this after meeting in high school” he tells me. No kidding.
“Yeah; especially after the whole fire incident and what not” I say. I'm surprised Eric didn't run for the hills from me. In fact, why didn't I is the bigger shock. My poor butt didn't know what was in store for the years to come.
“Yeah, but that didn't change our feelings for each other; at least not for me, anyway” Eric says.
“Not for me either. You were obviously different if you could keep me semi-controlled” I tell him. Hey, I’m a free spirit that is hard to contain.
“And you were special; the good kind” he says, pulling me closer to him in a loving embrace. Happy sigh.
“I love you so much baby girl and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you” Eric whispers in my ear.
“I love you too, Eric” I whisper back and wrap my arms around his neck to give him a deep kiss. This was the shot our photographer caught. Sneaky!

Overall, our wedding was perfect! The venue was gorgeous, all the guests were happy, and I finally got to marry Eric. Dreams do come true. Honestly, though, it was a ten out of ten, but I’m a little biased obviously. Heehee. My reminiscing was interrupted by the front door being opened. Oh shit, who is that? I thought I locked the front door after Demi left. Eric’s keeps reminding me to lock the front door. You know what kind of “reminding” I’m talking about here.
“Eric!” Devon exclaims excitedly as she gets up and runs to hug Eric as he walks into the living room. Phew! I thought it was a robber or something,
“Hey baby doll. how are you?’ He asks, picking her up and swinging her around in a hug,
“I’m good” she says, giggling. I smile at them. Aren't they cute?
“What are you guys doing?” Eric asks, putting her down.
“Cori’s s-showing me your wedding album. She said she added more pictures. C-come look at it with us” Devon says grabbing his hand to pull him to the couch.
“You put more pictures in it, babe? You keep adding more to it everyday” he says, winking at me and leaning down to kiss me
“ I know, but I keep finding photos that I want to add of us. You know how I want everything to be perfect about it” I remind him with a grin. He really shouldn't be surprised.
“Oh, I’m well are of that; trust me” he says, rolling his eyes a bit. I don't think I need to mention how my “perfectionism” can get my butt into some serious trouble. Now THAT really isn't surprising.
“Will you look at it with us, Eric?” Devon asks, looking up at him with her wide green eyes. Now those are puppy dog eyes. I need to take notes from her.
“Of course, baby” Eric agrees with a smile. As if he could say no to her. Anyone who could has a cold, cold heart and that's coming from me.
“how about me and Eric go get some snacks and then we’ll finish looking at it. Okay?” I ask Devon as I stand up and take Eric’s hand. I’m starting to get hungry and you know what happens when I’m hungry.
“okay!” she says and grabs the photo album t6o keep looking through it. Now it's my turn to pull Eric this time.  
“When did my mom drop Devon off?” Eric asks me while we walk into the kitchen. I start to rummage through the basket that Demi brought over. Hmm, what should I pick to eat? Obviously to share, of course.
“About an hour ago. She has only wanted to look at the photos this whole time. She’s looking at every picture in detail” I tell him as I open a popcorn bag to put it in the microwave.
“I’m sure she’ll want to start from the beginning since you're here now” I add. Eric has seen this thing so much already thanks to me. I’m sure he sick of seeing it already.
“Probably, but I don't mind though” Eric tells me with a smile as he pulls me into a hug.
“Who doesn't like going down memory lane? Especially between you and me?” I say up at him with a grin.
“Yeah. I’m just glad the whole wedding planning is now over. I loved the end product but man was it a pain in the butt getting there, at times” Eric says. Easy for him to say. My ass was the one in pain. Hmph. although, he does have a point.
“It was an emotional ride, BUT I’m glad to be your wife now; even though if you are overprotective at times” I say kissing his cheek.
“And I’m glad to be your husband even though your drive me crazy at times. But I wouldn't want you any other way” Eric tells me smacking my bottom playfully.
“Are you guys coming or what?” Devon asks from the doorway.
“Yes, we're coming baby doll. Let us finish getting the food and we’ll be there in like two minutes” Eric tells her as he and I separate from our embrace. I peck his cheek again before getting the popcorn out. So I closed the looong journey of being a fiancée and now to go on to a whole new on as a wife. The way I see it is if I can survive multiple party dramas, dress shopping fiascos, bridesmaid drama, hospital visits, and making sure my butt stays in tact, I can handle pretty much anything with Eric. Well, I hope I so anyways. It's the thought that counts. That's my new life motto!


I hope you enjoyed this series! It's officially done as of right now but I might add a story or two later if I'm feeling inspired. Anyway, let me know what you thought of it and thanks for reading!


4 comments:

  1. Yay, you posted right on my birthday! 💖 xo love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad to see their journey end. But it was surly and amazing journey. Looking forward to reading new stories

    ReplyDelete