Saturday, November 17, 2012

Before Happily Ever After


"Thank you so much for watching Devon at the last minute, Cori. The end of the summer is always hectic; especially with all the back to school stuff occurring" Demi, Eric's mom, tells me as she ushers Devon in through the door. I LOVE Eric's little sister. She is adorable.
"Hi Devon" I say with a wave. She smiles up at me shyly. Demi hands me a basket with food in it.
"Here are some snacks for you guys. Have you gotten any closer to finishing?" she asks me, indicating all the boxes and things that are still wrapped in the dining room. There is tons of stuff everywhere; literally. The whole room is packed. Actually I have barely even started which is surprising since I love to open gifts. Especially if they are for me. But I'm waiting for Lily to be here with me. She'll keep everything organized since I'll have to hand write thank you letters to everyone. Last time I had a ton of gifts, I didn't keep track of who I got it from and had to guess who gave me the gift for the letter. Let's just say my uncle Dill got a thank you letter for a lacy bra and panties set and my friend Veronica got a thank you letter for an extremely ugly orange oversized sweater. Oops!! So after that little fiasco, Lily always helps me. So until then, I can't open anything and its soooooo hard. It's like resisting the urge to trip a nerd that is carrying a huge handful of books. Unbelievably hard I tell you.
"Not by an inch, but when I am finished you can come over and see everything" I tell her. Demi's eyes light up.
"I can't wait! I should be back in a few hours. Thanks again Cori. Bye girls" she hurriedly says and quickly makes her out the door. I look down at Devon next to me and smile again. Her big green eyes are staring up at me.
"come on, let's go into the living room to chill" I say and take her hand as we head into the kitchen to drop off the food basket and then make our way into the living room.
"So what do you want to do?" I ask Devon. She looks around the room curiously. I do the same. Ugh! I really need to decorate this room. As of right now, it's BORING!! But once I let my completely amazing fashionista skills take over, it's gonna be awesome. Devon spots a photo album sitting on the coffee table and picks it up. She smiles happily.
"I n-never got t-the c-chance to l-look a-at it. C-can we l-look a-at it n-now?" she asks me. Hmmm, her stuttering has been getting better.
"Sure. I actually added new pictures to it today so you'll be the first to see the completed version" I say and head toward the couch. I sit down slowly and tenderly. In case you’re wondering why, let's just say Eric doesn't like the term no to be used in my vocabulary at times; like this morning. When are you ever going to learn that back talking leads you nowhere but a sore ass Cori, good conscience tells me. Shut up, her mind wasn't working that well yet since she was just waking up, bad conscience says defending me. I definitely agree with the evil side; as usual. Devon looks at me curiously as to what I was doing. Think fast Cori.
"I've been doing this new exercise program that really works your butt and thighs. So I'm a little sore" I tell her quickly. I’m not even lying.
"w-whats it c-called? Mommy m-might u-use the s-same p-program" Devon asks me. Cori, think even faster.
"oh um it's called the uh work-till-you-cry program. It's pretty intense and effective. In fact, I even have a personal trainer" I tell her. I'm sure you know who the personal trainer is. It doesn't take a nerd to figure that out. Devon seems to accept my answer and sits down next to me with the album in her lap. She moves it more into the middle so I can see too. Devon opens it and on the first page it shows a picture of me and Eric hugging after he popped the question. Yes, you read correctly. Eric asked me to marry him. (sigh) I still remember that night perfectly as if it were yesterday...............................................
 "you've been with my ass for five years today Eric. You should feel honored" I say to him while sipping my coke. I'm a very special person; who wouldn't be honored?
"or a little crazy" Eric says with a grin. I look at him unamused. He laughs.
"I'm kidding. Yes, I'm very honored that I've been with you for the last seven years of my life. I'm a very lucky guy" he tells me. I smile at Eric; warmed by his words.
"yeah because you have me" I tell him happily. Eric takes my hands in his and kisses them.
"baby, do you remember when we first met?" Eric asks me. Duh! How can I forget that day?
"of course I remember. It was the first time I saw my soon to be boyfriend. It was hard not to stare" I tell him. Eric was soooooo hot. I mean he most definitely still is but I could just tell that he was different from the other guys; the good looks probably had something to do with it. Eric rolls his eyes.
"aw baby please" says not agreeing with me. (sigh) Guys are so clueless sometimes. And they think girls are blind. Yeah right!!
"what??? It's true. Your freakin' hot!! Your just too modest" I tell him with a wave of my hand.
"yeah, something you need to work on" Eric says. I glare at him. He grins back at me.
"I take great offense to that. And it's called confidence. Anyway, did you mean what you said about me being cute?" I ask him, referring to the day we first met.
"mhmm. Cute and adorable" Eric tells me. I was pretty cute back then; except when I was being evil. Heehee.
"is that the first thing that ran through your mind when you saw me?" I asked next. Eric shakes his head me.
"no" he says. What!! I crossed my arms and huff. After six years together, I'm just now hearing the truth. Thanks for sharing, Eric. He smiles his playful smile.
"I haven't finished. no, that wasn't the first thing that ran through my mind. The first thing that ran through my mind was that you were a troublemaker. Then the second thing that ran through my mind was that you were cute" Eric tells me. Well why didn't he just say that to begin with? Trying to be all dramatic.
"oh. Well I guess you were right, huh?" I ask a smile back on my face.
"of course I was right" he tells me. I raise my eyebrows.
"I need to take back what I said about you being modest because you need to work on it too" I tell him with a smirk.
"okay you caught me" Eric says with a laugh. I turn my head to look out the window of the amazing restaurant that Eric surprised me tonight for our anniversary. This morning he sent me a dozen red roses. They were spectacular. In fact I'm going to save them. He always treats me so special all the time. Even after every spanking. Sometimes I think he is too good to be true and I have to pinch myself to make sure it's real. I look back over to find Eric staring at; a smile tugging at his lips.
"what?" I ask him curiously. He shrugs, his smile getting bigger.
"why are you staring at me?" I ask him wondering if I have something on my face. Talk about embarrassing if I have food on my face or something.
"I'm just admiring my beautiful girlfriend" he tells me. It’s my turn to smile big. I feel myself blushing. Should I pinch myself right now?
"Eric" I say still blushing like crazy.
"well it's true! Over the six years we've been together you've grown into a gorgeous woman whom I'm extremely proud to call mine. I always have. You complete me life Cori and I couldn't imagine my life without you. Your my everything baby. I love you And I'm looking forward to spending many more years with you" Eric tells meaning every word he just said. I stare into his green eyes as he stares into my brown ones. I'm left speechless and as you may all know, that is a definite first for me. His words gave me goose bumps.
"Cori, will you marry me and be with me for as long as I live?" Eric asks me kneeling in front of me and holding a box open with the most beautiful diamond ring I have ever seen. Suddenly I jump out of my seat and head straight for Eric. I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tight as I can.
"YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!" I exclaim loudly. I can't believe I'm getting married to him. It’s a dream come true. I couldn't imagine what my life would be without Eric. I'd probably be in jail for starting a fight over who grabbed the shoe first. Not that that happened recently. It was just an example. what? It was..........maybe. I kiss Eric hard on the lips before telling him that I loved him too and I definitely would marry him.





No comments:

Post a Comment