Saturday, November 17, 2012

Ultimate Champions



"Yes and Kloe Daniels scores again and the crowd goes wild!!" my best friend Kloe shouts while jumping up and down. Showoff! We are currently playing a game of basketball on her Xbox 360. As you can see, I suck. Majorly.
"I beat you again, Izzy. 3 times in a row" kloe tells me smugly. Yeah, please don't remind me.
"As if I didn't already know that. I was the one getting their butt kicked. I don't need reminding" I huff. I'm not stupid.
"Better luck next time. Heehee" Kloe says to me with a grin. I playfully glare at her.
"I still think you cheated on the last game" I say.
"No I didn't" she says defending herself.
"How is pushing me when I'm about to score a point not cheating?" I ask her.
"I told you, I was stretching my arms when I accidently bumped into you" she tells me with an eye roll. Really? Is that all she can come up with?
"Whatever" I say to her.
"Face it, Izzy. I'm the ultimate champion of this game, you’re not the only loser" she says while putting an arm around me. Kloe's trying to cheer me up. It's not working. Although I'm used to her ways by now.
"Well, you may be the ultimate champion when we play, but I think we both know who the real ultimate champion is" I say to her while smirking. I love using that comeback. It always works. Heehee. Kloe narrows her eyes and folds her arms, then pouts.
"Hmph! don’t rub it in. It's a work in progress. One day I WILL be the ultimate champion! And NOT Skylar" she tells me with a determined look. Kloe beat Skylar?!? Ha, in her dreams. But then again, I bet she does dream about that.
"Yeah, you keep telling yourself that" I say with a smile. She glares and gives me a push.
"Sorry, I was just stretching my arms" she says with a small smirk. Hmph!! See! She does it on purpose.
"Okay, let's get to work. We're behind schedule" Kloe says with her game face on. She always uses that face whenever she playing a sport. She takes sports very, very seriously. One time I told her she may take it little too seriously and she didn't talk to me for 2 whole days!!!
"You’re the one who wanted to play the video game" I remind her.
"Shhh, Izzy. I'm in the zone" Kloe tells me while grabbing her pen and notebook. I roll my eyes. See! Very serious.
"okay, I have a couple of ideas that I think will be amazing" she gushes.
"Cool, what are they?" I ask her curiously. Her 'masterpieces' as she likes to call them are usually very creative and crazy.
"Well, I'm thinking sabotaging the cheerleaders" Kloe tells me with an evil glint in her eyes. Oh boy. This can't be good. In case you’re confused. Kloe hates the cheerleaders. She thinks they're annoying and distracting at games. She also doesn't like them flirting with her boyfriend Skylar. I think that's the main reason of why she hates them. Except you didn't hear that last part from me.
"Sabotage? Like how?" I ask her
"itching powder plus pom poms equals a very entertaining dance routine" she tells me.
"Is the idea final?" I asked her next. Knowing her, she'll add something even after the plan is final.
"Nope, I still have some things up my sleeve" she says mysteriously. I roll my eyes. She’s so dramatic.
"Kay, how about we plan to do it at the boy’s first basketball game?" I tell her. Kloe's eyes light up.
"That’s perfect! So we have a week from today to get everything set up" she says while scribbling something down. So next Saturday will be the big day. Yay! I can't wait!!
"Plenty of time to get everything ready." I say.
"Totally. It's going to be a very interesting half time show. Heehee" she says thinking about next week.
"I just hope the guys will be a little more amused at this masterpiece than last one" I tell her while remembering the not so pleasant talk I had with Leo after he found out what we did. From the looks of Kloe's face, she's remembering the talk she had with Skylar.
"I hope so too, but you got to admit that putting laxatives in the teachers coffee pot was a brilliant idea" Kloe tells me while laughing out loud. I end up laughing too.
"The only reason that we did it was because you didn't study for two tests that you had that day and didn't want to take them" I reminded her.
"Hey, it worked didn't it. Almost all of the teachers were out sick. So no tests or us" she says with a triumphant grin.
"I also think you did to show off now that we have some competition" I say. She instantly drops her grin.
"Don’t. Remind. Me" she says through clenched teeth. Oops. I hit a sore spot.
"Come on, were still the best. We never get caught" I tell her. We never do get caught.....except by our boyfriends anyway.
"So? They already did 2 major pranks on the school. We have BIG competition. That's NOT good" she says.
"Well they may have done some big pranks but look at what they caused. The first one caused the auditorium to catch on fire and the second one cost us the homecoming game." I tell her. Those people must have the worst luck or something.
"Yeah, I guess that's true" Kloe says looking pleased again. Phew! That was a close one. I don't want to get Kloe on full ticked off mode.
"plus we never get caught" I remind her again.
"Yeah because I work like a ninja. HI-YAH!!!" she says and does some karate move in the air. Her 'karate move' ended up knocking over one of her mother's antique vases.
"KLOE! What was that?" her mom asks from another room.
"NOTHING!!" Kloe shouts back while trying to fix the broken vase. Nice ninja skills.
"Don’t worry; just tell your mom you were stretching your arms."
Monday Morning:
"okay I added a new addition to my master piece" Kloe says to me. Told you so!
"What is it?" I ask her while closing my locker. She grins at me evilly.
"one word: peppered pom poms" she says.
"Actually, I believe that is two words" I say. She rolls her eyes.
"Whatever. So do you like it? We can add itching powder AND pepper to the cheerleader’s pom poms. So they will be itching and sneezing" Kloe tells me with a faraway look on her eyes. I bet she's thinking about how bad the cheerleaders are going to look on Saturday.
"I like the new addition. They’re going to look sooo goofy doing their cheers while sneezing and itching. Knowing them, they won't quit and keep going as if nothing’s wrong" I say laughing a bit. Our cheerleaders are very royal to their team and will continue cheering
even if one of them broke their leg is if someone is dying. I'm not joking, either. We continue laughing and making jokes about the cheerleaders, when suddenly someone comes up behind Kloe and covers her eyes.
"Give me all your money and jewelry" said the person. Kloe smiles.
"Oh dear, who would do such a thing to such an innocent, cute, doe eyed red head?" Kloe says playing the part of a damsel in distress perfectly.
"I don't know, maybe a redhead hater" the mystery person answers. Kloe gasps.
"A redhead hater?!?! Are you a redhead hater?" Kloe asks still playing the part.
"Nah, I'd be a hypocrite if I did; especially since I'm dating one" the mystery person says and takes their hands away. Kloe turns around and is face to face with her boyfriend, Skylar. He grins down at her.
"Good thing you didn't say you were one or I'd be totally offended and my heart would be broken" Kloe says in total dramatics. Did I mention that she is in the school's acting class? Skylar used to be too. That's how they first met.
"I'd never do that" Skylar says and pulls Kloe into his arms.
"Sup, Izzy" he says to me. I smile and wave.
"How come your hairs wet?" Kloe asks him.
"Because I took a shower after basketball practice" he says kissing her forehead. Oh that's right. He's on the basketball team. Although I’m not surprised. He does almost every sport.
"Oh yeah. You ready for your first game?" she asks him.
"yup, all set" he tells her.
"you’re going to come to my first basketball game this Thursday, right?" she asks him with hopeful eyes.
"Of course babe. I wouldn't miss it for the world" Skylar tells her. Awwww. And he's telling the truth. Skylar is Kloe's number one fan and supporter in everything.
"Okay" Kloe says and snuggled more into his arms. I was about to get ready to walk away when Skylar asks us something.
"So what were you guys laughing at right before I showed up?" my eyes widen. Code red. Code red. Stay calm, Izzy.
"Stuff. Why? We can't laugh together as friends? You know that's what friends do Sky. Laugh and enjoy each other’s company. You don't laugh with your friends?" Kloe asks him defensively. Ugh! So much for staying calm.
"Calm down, girl! I was just curious. I didn't mean to-" he stops in mid sentence and give us a suspicious look. Ahhhh!! MAJOR code red! That look is a bad look. A bad, bad look.
"What were you guys laughing at?" he asks us again but this time a slight edge to his voice. I start to back away slowly.
"Random stuff. God Sky, do you have to question us on everything that we do? Next you’re going to think we're doing something bad, when we're aren't even talking" Kloe huffs and folds her arms. I start to back away quicker. Kloe is blowing it by having an attitude. Hmph! And she calls herself a magnificent actress. Skylar rubs his face with his hands.
"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Let's not get into a battle this morning
okay?" he asks, clearly not wanting to handle a ticked off Kloe this morning. I wouldn’t blame him; she’s can be really hard to handle. It's amazing that he even can.
"Okay" Kloe says happy again. I roll my eyes. Real natural, Kloe.
"But just remember, I'll always know when you’re up to something. So don't think you can fool me" he says in a dangerous voice while looking at Kloe. Well that's my cue to go. I quickly walk away.
"Bye Kloe. See you later" I call back behind me. What? He was talking to her after all. Why should I have to stay? All I know is that was a close one. We'll have to be extra careful now that Sky is on our case. Let's just hope he doesn't tell his suspicions to Leo. That would be double trouble. No, we'll be fine Izzy. Calm down. I keep telling myself this as I make my way to the art room. Every time I enter the art room at school, I instantly feel at ease. Like all the bad things just float away. Take this morning for an example. All my thoughts about Skylar's suspicions leave my mind; thankfully. Anyway, I see Leo right away. He is sitting behind an easel painting something. I'm gonna try and sneak up on him; like a spy. I start to tip toe towards him. I don't even walk 2 steps when he says
"you finally came. I was beginning to think that you weren't going to show up to see me this morning" Darn it!
"How do you always do that?!?! I wasn't even making any noise" I asked him. Leo laughs and turns around to face me.
"I always know when it's you. It's like I get special vibes" he says and gives me a wink. I smile. Special vibes? SWEET!!
"So can you tell my moods and stuff like that with these special
''vibes''?" I ask him with a grin. He pulls me toward him and sits me on his lap.
"Sure. How do you think I know whenever you watch Barney?" he asks me with an amused expression.
"I told you! It helps me sleep better at night" I tell him. And DON'T think I like watching Barney, because I don't. It really does help me sleep better. What? It does. Leo grins at me.
"Whatever you say, Sweets" he says while kissing my head and clearly not believing me. Okay never mind. These so called 'vibes' are NOT sweet. Hmph!
"aww. Cheer up, babe" Leo says and gives me kiss on the lips. Mmmm. Okay, I’m all cheered up now. Heehee.
"So Izzy, Skylar told me some pretty interesting stuff this morning" Leo says with raised eyebrows. Uh oh! My heart beats fast. Skylar couldn't have told Leo already. I just left him like 5 minutes ago. Unless he texted him. (Gasp). Oh no! Breathe Izzy. Breathe.
"Oh? What he tell you?" I ask him as if I had no idea what he was about to say.
"He said that someone put itching powder on Ms. O’Donnell’s desk." He says. WHAT! They did? And by they, I think we both know who that is. Shoot! Kloe's going to mad.
"I didn't know that" I tell him. He raises his eyebrows and gives me a look of disbelief.
"I didn't! I promise" I tell him urgently. Leo gives me a smile.
"I believe you baby" he says with a laugh. Ha! He didn't a minute ago.
“Hmph! Your mean” I say pouting and turning away from him. If he wants to be mean like that, then fine.
“Aw baby, I was just playing with you. Don’t be mad” Leo says to me while putting his hands on my hips. He isn’t going to get off that easy. I’m still turn away from him.
“Okay, how about a little proposition? I’ll show you something really cool” He says behind me. Something cool? Like fried ice cream cool? That would better than cool.
“How cool?” I ask slightly interested. Actually I am really interested, but I can’t let Leo know that.
“Really, really cool” Leo tells me.
“Hmmmmm, sounds like a good offer” I say acting business like.
“It does indeed” Leo says matching my tone. Kloe and Skylar aren’t the only ones who can act. Heehee. 
“Well………. Okay” I say turning around to face Leo and giving him a quick kiss on the lips. Leo smiles and takes my hand in his. Then he leads me to the table he was sitting at.
“See! I told you it was really, really cool” he says doing a fancy wave at a picture. When I saw it, my eyes widened. WOW!!! The picture was beautiful. And I’m not just saying that because I’m his girlfriend. It really was. It was a picture of a rose in different shades of red and pink and orange. Around the rose were clouds and a swirl of sparkles. It was awesome, but then again. All of Leo’s work was awesome.
“WOW!! I love it!!” I tell him while wrapping my arms round his waist.
“Thanks. It isn’t finished yet, though. Do you think it looks good so far?” he asks me worriedly. You see, Leo and I always critique each other’s work. It’s just what we do.
“Definitely” I tell him, tightening my hold of him. Leo returns my hug and kisses my head.
(Sigh) I’m soooo happy right now.
(Morning Bell Rings)
Ugh!! That didn’t last long. Stupid bell. Hmph!!
"Itching powder in the cheerleaders pompoms! Pepper in their pompoms to! Just what were you thinking because I'd really like to know" Our principal asks us while looking pissed. Confused? Let’s go back an hour..............
"Stand up and cheer
let them know you're here
Stand up and cheer
let them know you're here! Go lions!!!!!"
The cheerleaders shout as they do their first cheer while shaking their home game pompoms. Pretty normal right? Except tonight was a little different; actually a lot different. While they continue to shake them, the cheerleaders begin to scratch their arms. It was only a few of them doing it at first, but then they ALL started to do it. Funny as hell because they all continue to prance around as if nothing is bothering them. Everybody in the stands is amused and some of us are even laughing; like me. Heehee. Anyway, it's half time and they are about to do their big half time routine. I thought there was no way they were going to do it since they all have a scratching fetish at the moment, but they end up doing it. This is freaking hilarious. They all are trying to do the moves but they spaz out every few seconds to scratch themselves. Their grand finale is when they make a human pyramid. When they do, the girls at the top shake their pompoms really hard which causes this powder stuff to fall out of them and fall onto the girls holding them up. Suddenly the girls at the bottom start to sneeze and scratch their bodies at once which causes the girls on top to fall off since no one was holding them anymore. All of the cheerleaders were sneezing, crying, and scratching. They were just one big mess. Ha-ha! Sucks for them. It ended up sucking for us too when we got called to the office. Can you guess who? Yup, you guessed it! Me and Lily.
"Okay you two; I've about had enough of your pranks. The first few were bad enough, but when multiple people are hurt and injured....... Well that is taking it a step too far. Very far" Ms. Snooze yells at us. Her face is all red. She really doesn't look very attractive right now. Obviously those anger management classes are doing no help at all for her.
"But Ms. Sno- I mean Ms. O'Donnell, we didn't do anything wrong" I tell her. We're getting accused of something that we didn't even do. What is up with that? We need a judge present to declare our innocence.
"Yeah, we didn't sabotage the cheerleader’s pompoms. We have better things to do in our time" Lily tells her. Yeah, like plotting our next plan.
"Oh really? This is coming from the two people who burned the auditorium and caused our school to lose our homecoming game. You really expect me to believe you?" she asks us sarcastically. I really don't like her tone right now. Hmph!
"well yeah, we would admit it if we did it" I tell Ms. Snooze. We own up to our actions.........well when we have to anyway.
"Well maybe your trying to deny it this time since the two of you are getting suspended" she says. My eyes widen and my mouth drops. Suspended?!?! We didn't even do anything. Me and Lily stand up out of our chairs.
"But you can't do that" Lily cries out.
"Yeah, we didn't even do anything wrong this time" I tell her again. Is she stupid because I know I told her that a couple seconds ago? I think she needs to get her brain checked. It might help a lot.
"I can and I just did. You are both suspended for three days and have detention for two weeks; including Saturday's. Phone calls will be made to your parents" she tells us. I think this evil person sitting in front of me is smiling. She actually happy that we're suspended. Who would be happy to suspend me? Okay don't answer that. I glare at her. Grrrrrr. I've decided Ms. Snooze is an evil witch. I wonder where she hides her broom stick. I grab my purse.
"Let’s get out of here Lily. I don't want to be in a place that I'm not wanted" I say and walk out of her office. Lily quickly follows me. Once out there, we both walk into the darkened halls and slide down to sit on the ground. No one is around since everybody is in the gym and it's a Saturday night.
"This is sooooooo unfair" I pout to Lily. I don't think I've ever been so mistreated by a school. (Sniff) Grrrrr, she is going to pay.
"Totally and it sucks because the people who actually did it, didn't even get caught" Lily says with a sigh. As I'm thinking about way to make Ms. Snooze's life miserable, Lily's words finally hit me.
"Hey! Your right. We have to find out who actually did it" I say. Screw Ms. Snooze. She can wait. We need to find out who actually did it so THEY can pay. I like that idea a lot better. Heehee (evil laugh).
"Yeah if we can. I have a feeling whoever did it knows what they're doing" Lily tells me. Let other people take the blame? That's not knowing what you’re doing, that’s called being smart. Well at least by my standards.
"Don’t worry, I'll form a plan" I tell her. My brain has a lot of work to do.
Izzy's POV:
"well we'll have to do that once we're not suspended anymore. Which well be in three days" I hear the Asian girl tell her friend. I hear them start to stand up. I crouch further down in my spot behind a corner.
"Yeah, what is up with that anyway? Why only three days? Why can't it be the whole week? I mean we'll only be at school for two days. What's the point?" I hear the black girl say as they walk down the hall toward the entrance of the school.
"Only you would think that Cori. Come on; let's go tell our boyfriends the good news. I’m sure they'll be glad it’s only for three days; unlike someone I know" I hear the first girl says as they walk out of the school's front doors. I stand up and walk out of my hiding place. I pull out my cell and txt Khloe.
Phew! Coast is clear. We didn't get caught, but I know who did - Izzy
Khloe's POV:
Okay, so me and Izzy didn't get caught as I knew that we wouldn't; we never do. But this time was a little different. Not only did me and Izzy not get caught, we also got our competition in trouble. I hate competition; in case you couldn't tell. Luckily I know who it is too. They're new this year and dating two popular guys. I’m not sure what their names are though. I better use my snooping skills to find out.

I look to my left and see my boyfriend and some of his friends eating pizza. They just won their first basketball game earlier. It's amazing to watch guys eat when their hungry. They're like vulture circling around their prey and then they inhale it all in one breathe. Let me tell you, it’s not pretty to watch. But boys will be boys I guess.
"that was some damn good pizza. Let's order some more" a big guy named Luis says while sitting back in his chair and rubbing his round stomach. Luis is like a big cuddly teddy bear.
"nah dude, you can't remember. Coach is putting you on a diet.


No comments:

Post a Comment